The City of Mosier Water Operators will be flushing fire hydrants throughout the city on or near the following dates: 09/11/2021-09/18/2021.
Fire hydrants are flushed in order to:
• Clean out deposits, sediments and rust from our distribution pipelines
• Help minimize water quality problems
• Test fire protection water pressures
• Exercise hydrant valves
• Identify hydrants needing repair or replacement.
Motorists and pedestrians are asked to avoid driving or walking through the water coming directly from a hydrant while it is being flushed. If it is not possible to avoid the area, please proceed with caution.
Occasionally main flushing causes water flowing from a tap to be discolored from stirred up sediment or milky white caused by tiny air bubbles. Although discolored water won’t make you sick, you might want to flush the pipe by running the water for several minutes before drinking or washing.
If the water does not clear, please contact the City of Mosier:
Water Operator at: 541-645-5407 City Manager: 541-490-9758 City Recorder: 541-490-7411
What: The City is building a new sidewalk along the north side of 3rd Ave. from the Post Office to Washington St. Schedule: Construction begins September 20th and will go through October 7th. Generally, work hours will be from 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Where: On the north side of 3rd Ave. from the Post Office to Washington Street. Public impacts:Access to the drive through mail box will be closed during the construction period. Parking on the west side of the post office will be closed during the construction period. The contractor will provide pedestrian access to the library during normal library hours. There will be periodic one-lane closures on 3rd Ave. between Washington St. and Main St. with flaggers directing traffic. During these closures, parking on the south side of 3rd Ave. will be closed
Joint Use Facility Committee Meeting 08/24/2021, 4-6 p.m.
Due to Covid-19 and Public Safety Recommendations, the committee is inviting you to a Zoom meeting. Please call Jayme Bennett, 541.490.7411 if you have trouble logging or calling in.Topic: Mosier Center JUF Committee Meeting Time: Aug 24, 2021, 4:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
1) Opening – Terry Moore a. Call to order and JUF background, why there is a committee; confirm agenda b. Public comment – 10 – 15 minutes c. Overview of the Mosier Center Project: purpose, work plan, and activities to date – Colleen d. Discussion of key elements of the Work Plan 2) Schematic Design Process Review – Doug 3) Current Construction Cost Estimate – Jason 4) Next Phase of Design – Cost and Proposed Schedule – Doug 5) Project Expenditures to Date – Colleen 6) Fundraising Status – Jill 7) Decisions to make and schedule of activities – Committee a. Public Comment 8) Committee Decisions a. Committee Vote on Next Phase of Design 9) Meeting Schedule — Here forward
Business from the Audience – This is for Mosier residents and anyone else to express concerns, needs, or opportunities. Please keep your comments succinct and under two minutes. You may bring in written materials for Committee and Staff to review. The Facilitator can assign the issue to a future Committee, or to an appropriate staff member. Please realize that we cannot always offer a response immediately but will give the matter due consideration. We encourage the participation of all stakeholders in our community.
Approval of: 06/23/2021 MTG Minutes & 07/03/2021 ER Session
Update on Legislative Funding (Witt Anderson)
Update on Senate Earmark funding and UPRR (Mayor Burns)
Update on const and Safety Precautions in THWSHE IV/V (Grim)
Update on const and Safety Precautions East Side Pump Station