Position Title: Municipal Water Operator, Distribution Level 1
Work Status/Schedule: Part-time (500 hrs/yr); Schedule Variable; On-Call
This position is open until filled.
Priority will be given to applications received by October 28th, 2016.
Interested applicants must submit all application materials to be considered.
The City of Mosier is currently hiring for a Municipal Water Operator, Distribution Level 1. This position typically works 10 hours per week. Work is done under the general supervision of the City Manager and with lead direction from the Finance Director.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
To see the full description of this job position CLICK HERE..
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted on City of Mosier application forms along with a resume and a letter that clearly identifies the applicant’s qualifications and experience, to the City of Mosier City Hall at PO Box 456, Mosier, Oregon 97040.
The City of Mosier is an equal opportunity employer.
Mosier residents have two opportunities to learn more about this proposed project:
- Wasco County Planning Commission Public Hearing on September 6th, 3:00 pm at The Dalles Discovery Center: 5000 Discovery Drive.
- Mosier City Council presentation by UPRR on September 7th, 6:30 pm, at the Mosier Senior Center at 500 East Second Ave.
The new motor for the east Mosier pump was installed at 2:00 pm on Friday. The tank has been slowly filling since then, and normal water usage may resume. Thanks to all east-side residents for your understanding and patience!
City of Mosier
Date: Friday, August 19th 2016
To: Residents on the east side of the Mosier Creek Bridge (Hwy 30):
The motor that pumps your water up to the Mosier East Water Tank has failed. The City is working quickly to install a replacement today.
Please conserve your water use! A possible outage depends on everyone’s usage.
ESSENTIAL WATER USE ONLY!
Update at 9:45 am: The electricians have picked up the motor in Clackamas County and are on their way back to Mosier to install it. The East Tank is almost empty. Please do NOT use water if you don’t have to.
Update at 11:30 am: The motor has not arrived yet, but the crew is on its way after picking up more parts in Odell. If all goes well, they will have the pump working by 4:00 pm today.
Update at 2:00 pm: The motor has been installed and is working perfectly. The water tank is filling up and everyone on the east side should have normal water pressure.
Joint Special Meeting of Mosier City Council, Mosier Fire District Board, and Unified Boards of Mosier Community School Foundation, Inc. and Mosier Middle School Board of Directors
Thursday, July 28, 2016 6:30PM
MOSIER COMMUNITY SCHOOL GYMNASIUM
- Call to Order
- Creation of an Intergovernmental agreement related to dealing with the train derailment
- Discussion on engagement of legal counsel to advise the public bodies concerning the train derailment
- Executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660 (2) (a) to “consider the employment of a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent”; to wit, to consider the employment of Legal Counsel to represent and advise all three public entities in connection with the derailment
- Discuss actions arising from executive session
Mosier City Council Special Meeting
Thursday, July 28, 2016 immediately following the joint meeting
MOSIER COMMUNITY SCHOOL STAFF ROOM
- Call to Order
- Motion on the creation of an Intergovernmental agreement related to dealing with the train derailment