When: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 6:30 PM
“Public hearing and first reading of Ordinance No 195 amending Chapter 15.02.070 of the Mosier Municipal Code to exempt certain publicly owned facilities from the Commercial Zone maximum building height standard.” The proposed amendment would exempt publicly owned facilities containing emergency services or other government functions (such as ambulance, fire, city office, civic buildings etc.) from the maximum building height standard.
All interested are urged to attend or submit written testimony on the subject.Comments on the proposal will be accepted in writing by the City Planner or at Mosier City Hall at P.O. Box 456, Mosier, OR 97040, by 1:00 p.m. on November 15, 2023. CALL OR TEXT OR EMAIL FOR SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS, 541-478-3505, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2829710099?pwd=R1o5RUNSZDI5L2NUNmZ4SkhnV2FSQT09
Meeting ID: 282 971 0099
I 6:30 PM Call to Order: Mayor Witt Anderson
II Agenda Corrections or Additions/ ANNOUNCEMENTS: COUNCIL VACANCY
III Business from the Audience – This is for Mosier residents and anyone else to express concerns, needs, or opportunities. Please keep your comments succinct and under two minutes. You may bring in written materials for Committee and Staff to review. The Facilitator can assign the issue to a future Committee, or to an appropriate staff member. Please realize that we cannot always offer a response immediately but will give the matter due consideration. We encourage the participation of all stakeholders in our community.
IV MTG MINS APPROVAL (Sept. and Oct.)
1. 6:35 PM Waste Connections Franchise Agreement (This is an annual inflationary adjustment by our waste and recycling partners, which is controlled by the inflationary adjustment and market indicators). Jim Winterbottom (Waste Connections) Council Action: Resolution Adopting annual rate increase/ inflationary adjustment. 10 min
2. 6:45 PM ZONING ORDINANCE: NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING OPEN PUBLIC HEARING – Legislative Amendment exempting certain public buildings from the height restrictions of the Commercial Zone, KIRK FATLAND – CITY PLANNER. 15 min
CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING
3. 7:00 PM STR ORDINANCE FIRST READING – LAURA WESTMEYER (ATTORNEY) NOTICE OF THE FIRST READING OF THE Short-Term Rental Ordinance. 10 min
4. 7:10 PM Audit update, internal controls, city manager update on activities needs, dark sky, streetlights, stormwater funding (with colleen) debris pick up etc. 10 min
5. 7:20 PM JOHN GRIM: Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station on HWY 30 (Update on funding, and update on land use requirements, permitting, agreement with Jonothan – other project updates. 20 min
6. 7:40 PM UPDATES: request for proposals for city engineer, natural hazard mitigation planning updates, office of emergency planning updates, speed limits, school issues, community needs, holiday thing etc.